Attend Virtual Mini Medical School
Curious about diagnostic, therapeutic and preventative health? You can attend Mini Medical School virtually on April 29 and May 6 at 6 p.m. to learn from Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN) experts. Registration is required for this free educational program. All participants must be age 13 or older.
This year’s topics include:
- Innovations in cardiac care – Lehigh Valley Heart Institute will present an overview of some of the new procedures and treatments available.
- Surgery education center – Lehigh Valley Institute for Surgical Excellence will provide an interactive experience to showcase how surgeons practice
- Surgical trauma – Lehigh Valley Reilly Children’s Hospital will show before and after pictures of children with dog bites and other injuries, who have had great outcomes
- Fitness apps and wearables – LVPG Family Medicine will discuss how these devices impact your health.
- Precision medicine – This term refers to a treatment health care providers can offer to patients based on the person’s genes or the genes in their cancer cells. Lehigh Valley Cancer Institute will discuss this innovative technique.
- Street Medicine – Valley Health Partners Street Medicine will discuss methods to reduce barriers to health care.
Register today at LVHN.org/MiniMedSchool.
This is not an accredited course nor associated with University of South Florida.