Check Your Symptoms, Learn About COVID-19 Testing, Treatment and More on LVHN.org’s New Chat Tool
You have questions about coronavirus (COVID-19) and how to prevent infection. You want an easy way to check your symptoms and connect you with your next steps. Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN) has a new online chat tool that gives you what you need.
Visit LVHN.org and click COVID-19 Live Chat to get started. Here is what you can do:
- Check your symptoms. You’ll be asked questions about your symptoms and overall health. Based on your responses, we will determine if you are at low, medium or high risk for COVID-19. We also will recommend your next steps, which may include having an E-Visit or LVHN Video Visit on MyLVHN.
- Learn about the virus. Get information about what makes COVID-19 different than the flu. Learn about the symptoms, its effect on pregnant women, children, pets and more.
- Learn to avoid infection. Get information about how the virus is spread, who is at increased risk for infection and steps you can take to protect yourself and your family.
- Learn about testing. We’ll tell you how the test is conducted and what the test looks for.
- Learn about treatment. Although treatment varies from person to person, get information about COVID-19 care and the typical length of recovery.
- Sign up for text alerts. You’ll get updates from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), government officials, as well as the latest COVID-19 news.
For more information and updates related to coronavirus (COVID-19), please visit LVHN.org/COVID19. For inspiration, encouragement, and ways to get involved in the fight against COVID-19 please visit LVHN.org/COVIDStrong.
Lehigh Valley Health Network includes eight hospital campuses, three in Allentown, one in Bethlehem, one in East Stroudsburg, one in Hazleton and two in Pottsville, Pa.; Coordinated Health, which includes two hospital campuses, nearly two dozen multispecialty locations including ambulatory surgery centers and orthopedic injury centers in northeastern Pennsylvania and western New Jersey; 26 health centers; numerous primary and specialty care physician practices; 22 ExpressCARE including the area’s only Children’s ExpressCARE; pharmacy, imaging, home health, rehabilitation, and lab services; and preferred provider services through Valley Preferred. Specialty care includes trauma care for adults and children, burn care at the Regional Burn Center, kidney and pancreas transplants; perinatal/neonatal, cardiac, cancer, orthopedics, neurology, complex neurosurgery capabilities including national certification as a Comprehensive Stroke Center, and robotic surgery in 10 specialties. Lehigh Valley Cancer Institute, Lehigh Valley Heart Institute, and Lehigh Valley Institute for Surgical Excellence physicians provide the most advanced treatments. The Lehigh Valley Cancer Institute is a member of the Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK) Cancer Alliance, an initiative that helps community providers improve the quality of cancer care and offers access to MSK clinical trials. Lehigh Valley Reilly Children’s Hospital, the community’s only children’s hospital, provides care in more than 30 specialties and general pediatrics. Lehigh Valley Hospital–Cedar Crest is the region’s only hospital nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report for orthopedics and has been recognized among Pennsylvania’s top five hospitals for six consecutive years. Lehigh Valley Hospital–Cedar Crest, Lehigh Valley Hospital–17th Street and Lehigh Valley Hospital–Muhlenberg are the region’s only Magnet® hospitals for nursing excellence. Additional information is available by visiting LVHN.org, or following us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.