Important Safety Reminders, Updated Travel Policy
Here’s a reminder of what you need to do to help keep yourself and others safe:
- Remember to complete a screening survey prior to your shift on the days you are schedule to work. To take the survey:
- Copy and paste this URL into your browser: https://clinic.conversahealth.com/conversation/MjIwLTM3OTI or
- Text lehigh to 83973
- Wear your face mask and follow the appropriate PPE guidelines for your area.
- Travel safely and follow LVHN’s policy if you plan to travel outside of Pennsylvania.
Personal travel update
This message contains new information regarding the Updated Travel Policy communication sent to all colleagues on July 14. Please read below for updates in red.
Any colleague who travels to states on the Pennsylvania Department of Health (PA DOH) quarantine list, or to any country listed on Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Level 3 Travel Health Notice list, will be considered at high risk of COVID-19 infection and will be required to quarantine for 14 days after leaving the location. Countries and geographic areas requiring quarantine may change at any time, so pay close attention to the guidelines for the area you are visiting by reviewing the state’s or CDC’s COVID-19 website both before and after your trip.
Please speak with your manager before you choose to travel. If your role allows you to work remotely when you return, speak with your manager for approval. If your role does not allow you to work remotely, you must utilize earned paid time off (PTO) or take the time unpaid. LVPG providers (all entities) must use available PTO before taking unpaid time. Any unpaid leave for LVPG providers must be approved in advance by the respective Chair/Physician-in-Chief.
To return to work after travelling to any state or country on the PA DOH or CDC lists, you must:
- Advise employee health services of travel plans to any of the areas listed on the website.
- Check the websites upon your return from any travel outside of Pennsylvania to determine if your travel destination has been added or removed from the quarantine list.
- Complete a full 14 days of quarantine at home in Pennsylvania. The quarantine period starts on the day of departure from the hot spot.
- Call employee health services if you become symptomatic within 14 days of your return. If you develop symptoms you will be required to provide results of COVID-19 testing in order to return to work.
- NEW! If you do not become symptomatic during the 14-day quarantine period, you may return to work on the 15th day and do not need an in-person visit to employee health services.
Here’s how you can contact employee health services:
- LVH–Cedar Crest location: 610-402-8869
- LVH–Muhlenberg location: 484-884-7098
- LVH–Hazleton location: 570-501-4788
- LVH–Schuylkill location: 570-621-4351
- LVH–Pocono location: 570-476-3779
Coordinated Health colleagues should call employee health services in their area: