Lehigh Valley Health Network Adds New Services in Carbon County: Cardiology, Orthopedics and Surgery
Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN) is improving convenient access to LVHN care for the residents of Lehighton and Carbon County by bringing a number of in-demand specialties to the area.
Starting April 2, Lehigh Valley Health Network–Lehighton, located at 363 North First Street, Lehighton, will begin offering weekday appointments with the following specialists:
- LVPG Cardiology – Heart care provided by board-certified and fellowship-trained cardiologists Cheri Silverstein Fadlon, MD, and Jeffrey Snyder, MD.
- LVPG General Surgery – Team comprised of Michael Mahoney, DO, (robotic surgery), Joshua Nochumson, MD, (colon-rectal/robotic surgery), Blake Stewart, DO, (laparoscopic surgery) and Martin Walko, MD, (general surgery) will provide surgical consultation and care.
- LVPG Neurosurgery – Spinal disorders will be the focus of Luis Cervantes, MD, and Chris Lycette, MD.
- LVPG Orthopedics – Orthopedic care will be provided by board-certified orthopedic surgeon, Robert Boran Jr., MD.
- LVPG Vascular Surgery – Vascular surgeons, James McCullough, MD, and John Welkie, MD, will provide care for disorders of the blood vessels (vein and arteries) outside of the heart.
Our LVPG Hematology Oncology care team of Dan Popescu, MD, Surendra Shah, MD, and Elena Brinker, CRNP, will continue to provide cancer care services and infusion services for area residents at this centralized location.
“Carbon County residents deserve the highest quality healthcare available. LVHN has been providing that care for decades. Continuing to bring these specialty services to Lehighton underlines our commitment to raising the bar for healthcare in Carbon County,” says Terry Capuano, LVHN’s Chief Operating Officer. “Today we make accessing world-class LVHN care even more convenient.”