LVHN ‘Salutes’ Eastern Northampton County with the Opening of the Health Center at Palmer Township
It’s a very special Flag Day today as Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN) brings important health services to the people of this part of Northampton County with the opening of the Health Center at Palmer Township.
The American flag holds a special significance in this area. The city of Easton was among the first three places where the Declaration of Independence was read in public, along with Philadelphia and Trenton. Local historians say the red, white and blue flag that waved as that hallowed document was being read was among the first to fly in the colonies. Today, that very flag is Easton’s municipal flag.
Palmer Township has a fascinating history as well. Named for Pennsylvania’s Surveyor General George Palmer, it originally included what is now Tatamy, West Easton, Stockertown and Wilson when it was incorporated in 1857. The population consisted of about 1,300 residents, families working hard to turn their township into a community.
Now, 160 years later, that same strong family spirit persists, and LVHN is here with this two-story, 57,000-square-foot facility as a special salute to the residents here and a commitment to help ensure healthy, happy lives.
“This is an area steeped in family tradition,” says Brian Nester, DO, MBA, FACOEP, President and Chief Executive Officer of Lehigh Valley Health Network. “With this health center opening today, we’re making important health care services more convenient for those families.”
Health services available at the Health Center at Palmer Township beginning June 15 include:
- Children’s ExpressCARE – The first kids’ only walk-in care service in the entire region. When a child has a minor illness or injury, just come on over, no appointment is needed.
- Adult ExpressCARE – The same walk-in service is available for the grownups too.
- LVPG Pediatrics–Palmer Township – Part of this health center’s focus on children. LVHN is here to cater to their particular needs in one convenient place. Specialties include:
- LVPG Pediatric Surgery–Palmer Township
- LVPG Pediatric Gastroenterology–Palmer Township
- LVPG Pediatric Hematology Oncology–Palmer Township
- LVPG Pediatric Pulmonology–Palmer Township
- A variety of specialty services, including:
- LVPG Bariatric Medicine–Palmer Township
- LVPG Cardiology–Palmer Township
- LVPG Ear, Nose and Throat–Palmer Township
- LVPG Endocrinology–Palmer Township
- LVPG General Surgery–Palmer Township
- LVPG Infectious Diseases–Palmer Township
- LVPG Neurology–Palmer Township
- LVPG Obstetrics and Gynecology–Palmer Township
- LVPG Optometry and Optical Effects–Palmer Township
- LVPG Orthopedics and Sports Medicine–Palmer Township
- LVPG Urology–Palmer Township
- Rehabilitation services, both adult and pediatric, including:
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Neurologic Therapy
- Orthopedic Therapy
- Imaging services, including:
- CT scan
- Vascular studies
- Bone densitometry
- Specialty diagnostic testing, including:
- Home sleep testing
- Cardiac diagnostics
- Neurology diagnostics
- Pulmonary testing
- Laboratory testing – Blood testing from Health Network Laboratories.