LVHN’s Health Center at Easton Opens at a Familiar Site to Many Area Families
Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN) today held a grand opening for the Health Center at Easton at a site that is very well known to families that have lived in this part of Northampton County for generations. The two-story, 40,000-square-foot health center at 2401 Northampton St. is located at the site of the former Schaible’s Bakery, which moved here in 1921 after almost 40 years at other locations closer to the downtown. In 1975, the Schaible family sold the business to Maier’s Bakery of Reading. And during the early 2000s, the bakery was acquired by Bimbo Bakeries, which continued the long tradition of producing high quality bread and buns until 2014.
LVHN can’t reproduce the wonderful aroma of fresh baked bread which permeated surrounding neighborhoods for almost a century. But the network is looking to provide memories of those great bakeries to visitors who walk in and peruse the “Heritage Wall,” featuring images created through the years of fine baking here.
It’s one of many ways LVHN hopes to make people feel at home as it becomes part of the neighborhood. Brian Nester, DO, MBA, FACOEP, LVHN President and Chief Executive Officer, says the people of eastern Northampton County asked for better access to important health services from the region’s leading health network, and LVHN has delivered. “The purpose of our health centers goes beyond our network mission to heal, comfort and care for all of our communities,” Nester says. “We’re also here to become part of the fabric of this neighborhood. When our neighbors need care, it’s our job to have them know instinctively that we are right around the corner to help.”
When the Health Center at Easton opens for operations on Monday, June 12, the following services will be available:
- ExpressCARE – Walk-in care for minor illnesses and injuries. No appointment is needed, just stop in and get care.
- LVPG Family Medicine–Easton – Primary care for families, infants to seniors, at a convenient location.
- LVPG Obstetrics and Gynecology–Easton – Addressing the special needs of women from adolescent to senior years.
- LVPG Pediatrics–Easton – Focusing on children’s needs from newborn through teen years.
- Adult Rehabilitation Services – Physical therapy, neurologic therapy and orthopedic therapy.
- Imaging Services – Walk-in service for X-ray and ultrasound tests.
- Laboratory Testing – Blood testing from Health Network Laboratories.