Today’s Health Care Serves as Foundation for LVH–Schuylkill’s Future
This time last year, Schuylkill Health was integrating its hospitals and at the same time, merging into Lehigh Valley Health Network. The merger forever changed the local landscape for health care – improving access and delivery to services now and far into the future.
“What a difference a year makes,” says William “Bill” Reppy, President of Lehigh Valley Hospital (LVH)–Schuylkill, which includes Lehigh Valley Hospital–Schuylkill at E. Norwegian Street, Lehigh Valley Hospital–Schuylkill at S. Jackson Street, and related facilities and organizations.
Significant progress made
In the past year, LVH–Schuylkill has:
- Completed phase one of campus integration, which moved traditional acute care services (inpatient hospital beds) to the east campus.
- Completed construction on a new ER, radiology reception area, interventional radiology suite and OR lights
- Introduced 24/7 Hospital Medicine Program (hospitalists) Physical plant improvements at both campuses
- Created Lehigh Valley Physician Group (LVPG)--Schuylkill
- Added practices in family medicine, internal medicine and cardiology, as well as a pediatric hospitalist and a physiatrist
In the coming year, LVH–Schuylkill will introduce new physicians, practitioners and services, including ExpressCARE walk-in care.
“We have a great team here and a really strong tradition – friend caring for friend – neighbor caring for neighbor,” Reppy says. “Our goal is to build upon our strengths and overcome the challenges we face to make for a positive patient experience as well.”